Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Following the sun...sort of.

24 November 2010....

It's taken us a few days, but we believe we have arrived in the land of  Sun.  Although, several nights ago it was in the low 20's and it is expected to be in the 20's tonight here in Oasis, CA. (Near Thermal, south of Coachella). We spent the day in short-sleeves and flip-flops, under a sunny sky and 68 degrees....a slice of heaven for sure. (our sympathies to our friends and family in Oregon and Washington...we are keeping tabs on your early "its beginning to look a lot like Christmas, what with the early snowfall and all)

my very own lemon trees
We are parked in the Oasis Palms RV Park....which has lemon, grapefruit and date trees....and one can pick the fruit you will eat.  I have a grapefruit sitting near a window for a day or two prior to my consuming it...love me some fresh fruit.

There is a tennis court, recreation room, swimming pool, hot tub and a small lake with rowboat - all for our use. We have everything we need and then some...


-
lemons - on the ground, free - amazing.

that's us...isn't it pretty?
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and we have been invited to dine with Anne the park manager, who is cooking, and the other park guests in a traditional turkey dinner (yippee) and told us today that we could look forward to a chocolate pecan, pumpkin, lemon chiffon and apple pies....we truly feel blessed. (I'll review the festivities afterwards.)  I helped with the pies with a small donation of nutmeg...why I have nutmeg remains a mystery, as I wasn't planning on doing any baking on the road. (According to Mike,apparently " I just knew that it would be needed at some point".)

On Friday we are going to drive up to Joshua Tree National Park, look for a blog on that soon.


Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours....
 Christine and Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you in advance for reading my blog. Hope you enjoyed it!