Sunday, December 9, 2012

You want FAIR? ...then find one near you


 
As a kid growing up in Seattle my parents would answer my "that's not fair"  with the phase, "you want fair?"- with - "we'll go to Puyallup in September"....(when the county fair occurred). Now as an adult I can go to any street fair that I happen upon and this weekend we found ourselves in the midst of the Tucson 4th Avenu Winter Street Fair where they close off almost 1 mile of the street near the University. And with 400 booths we spent most of the day exploring those booths.  Oh, darn - Sun and art in December...can't get better than that.
Tucson 4th Avenue Street Fair - Winter - is this weekend, however March 22-24, 2013 is the date for the Spring Street Fair if you want to mark your calendar.  I found 3 of my favorite
 
   Food

 Music
 
 
and some really amazing artists....
 
I collect "faces" in art form. Ceramic masks, mixed media (wood/paper/shells etc), and have needlepointed several myself. These copper figures (very light weight) called Ancestors caught my eye....she sells them on Etsy - in addition to the "Ancestors" she also has some amazing photographs, nightlights and other art she has created. Check her out!
 
this little piggy
 
metal musician

  hookah anyone? shop on 4th sells them.

For a day activity this had it all; music, food, arts, and exercise.

~Ciao




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you in advance for reading my blog. Hope you enjoyed it!